Sunday, September 21, 2008

Beautiful Creation

How many times do we ever thank god for the little things we take for granted that prove his exsistance? How many people REALLY wake up and thank him for another day of the earth's axis, the sunrise, and sunset, or the first snowfall of the year? How about those beautifully colored leaves we get to crunch through in the fall or the smell of freshly bloomed flowers in the spring?? Hardly ever because we aren't supposed to worship creation too much, so we all just COMPLETELY ignore thanking him for them so we DONT worship them too much. BUT in thanking god for his creations aren't you worshipping him not the creation?? On a Saturday night most of us are either out with friends or at home watching tv or on the internet. Most of us on a Sunday are in bed sleeping at 6am. Have you ever thought of giving up that time with friends on Saturday, or on the internet, or giving up that sleep at 6am to worship god and thank him for such wonderful creations?? On Saturday night I could have been out with friends, but I chose to have my own fun, and be different. I went to Vander Veer Park (my favorite place EVER) and I chose a spot in the grass and watched the sun set......




...Then this morning I woke up at 5:30, left the house around 5:40 and headed again to Vander Veer (did I mension I love that place!!?), along with my friend Nicole, to watch the sunrise!...and as the sun peeked over the trees we praised, thanked, and prayed to god.....


.....Just imagine....watching the sunset and sunrise for the purpose of worshipping god....it makes you want to praise the creator SO much more. That moment when you see the sun FIRST peek over the trees, hills and all of the city is SO breathtaking, SO much more beautiful when you do it for the purpose of worshipping god that it brought tears to our eyes!...and right now after experiencing that, it STILL is bringing tears to my eyes just talking about it! THANK YOU GOD! PRAISE JESUS FOR SUCH GLORIOUS, UNFAILING LOVE! The feeling you get in the warmth of your heart and the pit of your stomach is SO UNDESCRIBABLE....that in order to know what I'm talking about I have to CHALLENGE YOU to go do what I did..."..therefore GO"....you will know what I mean, and I PROMISE it's SO MUCH worth losing sleep over! It was such an amazing, overwhelming feeling! Have you thanked god for another day on earth lately?? I challenge YOU this week to "GO"...do something you've been wanting to do, think of a new way to worship god and thank him for his creation!
-Christianna Denise Crosby

3 comments:

Amanda Dean said...

How awesome! We far too often take for granted God's handi-work. He is such an amazing artist! (haha, the original artist!) Every vein, in every leaf, on every tree, has been hand-crafted by him. AMAZING! Great post...actually might be the inspiration for my next blog :0)

Danny J Lorentzen said...

Very proud of you, I was inspired by your blog and will look at the little things that make up my day a little more closely tomorrow. Surely the Lord needs to be praised for all his marvelous gifts.

You are Loved

Pastor Dan

Anonymous said...

WOW!! those pictures are beautiful! I really wish I coulda been there with you guys..:( You inspire me hun! I wanna do something like that now! I love how you think about the little stuff like that! Thank God for your mind and your heart! thats why i love you! keep it up! people need someone there to remind them of the small things that we take for granted! im glad Hes using you to be that person! much love!